Thursday 11 June 2015

crochet pincushion

A very special friend of mine is celebrating her birthday this month and I thought I would make something special for her. Since she's an artist: a marvellous drawer, ilustrator, designer and a very skilled creator, but doesn't seem to crochet much I thought that a crochet pincushion would be something she would appreciate. She sews too, of course ;) Otherwise my idea of a pincushion would be pointless ;)

I found a splendid pattern on Hollypip's blog  and got down to work.

I bought some yarn in the local shop. Unfortunately the colours are not as vivid as those in the original pattern, but no other were available. Still, I'm happy with the outcome.


 I made the circles as indicated. Very easy and pretty fast.
 Then, I made the petals. Just becasue the yarn is different they are not stiff as in the pattern.
 Finally, I sewed them together, added the bee on top and the 'handmade' label at the bottom. And VoilĂ !

Hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment