Saturday 8 November 2014

box swap

A friend of mine once told me about the box swap and I just fell in love with the idea :) What is it about?- many of you may ask. Well... the idea is to collect a set of object that you and the person you swap the box with agree on. My friend lives in Barcelona and we don't get to see each other, also we are not bosom friends or anything like that, we used to work together and met a couple of times, but to call her acquintance wouldn't be right either ;) (btw, you can check her blog here: www.penguinduchess.blogspot.com

So... we decided on the following categories for our swap: handmade, my favourite (to get to know each other better), recipe and unexpected. We agreed on a deadline and maximum amount to spend and got started with the idea. 

Here's what I sent:

handmade: decoupade decorated box (you can see it in the decoupage section on my blog) 
recipe: chicken with almonds (my mum's speciality) - I'm no good cook ;)
favourite: a little tea box with delicious tea - those of you who know me- know tea is my absolute favourte
unexpected: article by a very good friend of mine Josh who is a counselor; The title is: Stop and just Be; I found it such a grand piece and so thoughtful and simply worth sharing. Here's a link to Josh's website in case you are interested: http://mcadamstherapy.com/

Here's what my friend sent to me:



handmade: a lovely pouch
favourite: a postcard- reproduction of a painting by my friend's favourite artist: Elisabeth Blackadder
unexpected: pom-pom makers and loads of wee bits and pieces
recipe

What a lovely time I had preparing my box! I also loved the waiting time and the box opening as the last step!






No comments:

Post a Comment