Thursday 31 December 2015

the last watercolours of the year and plans for 2016 :)

Christmas brought peace and relax and I seized this opportunity to spend some time cherishing my watercolours.

I painted the house where I was brought up. We lived in a flat on the first floor of this huge house- (Only the first two windows). On the side there lived a marvellous family with whom we were very close. We rented this flat from a family who lived about a 100km away and would only come in summer and on bank holidays so it felt as if the whole house belonged to us! I had a marvellous time there...


This is a house that I passed by when walking to the town centre with my mum. It was an old abandoned house that always tickled my curiosity. I wanted to know who had lived there, what had happened to them, why nobody cared about the house any more... Never found out

 
 
And now, to my plans for 2016 :) I have decided to paint and draw even more! Yes! I know it may sound crazy because my timetable is already very tight, but since I made some personal decisions regarding this coming year, I believe that being more focused on creating will give me a chance to spend more time with myself. And this is what I precisely need this coming year, no matter how selfish it may sound...

So, I joined this marvellous project called: COLOUR ME POSITIVE hosted by Lulu Art. Every Friday a challenge and positive quotes will be posted and we are to fill our journals with 'Works of Art'. Sounds fun, doesn't it? :)
The other challenge is on Instagram and is called WE DRAW THE YEAR. There will be four simple illustration prompts every month and each of us will give it the interpretation they feel in their hearts and souls. So excited!

So, stay tuned! a happy New Year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment