Sunday 24 January 2016

My January watercolours time

This January has been devoted to creating and being busy painting using my beloved watercolours. Apart from the 2 challenges I am in I still had the time to make a few more pieces.

Here's a poisettia:



I once saw a gorgeous video on how to paint this lovely plant but I never saved the link so had to use my memory to try and reproduce the technique. I did my best :)

I also painted the view from the local seaside path. I love this spot :) 


Here I used the Moleskine watercolour paper. I'm not happy with how it behaves with the watercolours. I was once told this brand is a good one for all types of papers for artists, but the watercolour booklet I got doesn't seem to work well for me. It absorbs water quickly and doesn't allow me to play with the paint and do the 'job' that watercolours do. Such a shame...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment