Thursday 17 September 2015

the Sketchpack project-31 watercolour flowers

A very good friend of mine encouraged me to participate in a 31-day challenge called 'The Sketchpack Project. I was a bit hesitant at first as it sounded really intense and it was about painting or drawing EVERY DAY! I had never drawn or painted every day, but I wanted to take on this challenge and see if I could do it... I opted for watercolours and decided to paint 31 flowers.

 
I made an accordeon booklet (10 cm by 8,5 cm) as indicated by the host of this maginificent Project:

 
 
...and then got down to work:

 
 
day 1: sunflower    day 2: dandelion
 
 
day 3: iris    day 4: tulip
 
 
day 5: crocuses    day 6: king's cup
 
 
day 7: snowdrops      day 8: daffodil
 
 
day 9: lily      day 10: pansy
 
 
day 11: hollyhock      day 12:  magnolia
 
 
day 13: poppies    day 14: rose
 
 
day 15: cactus flower
 
 
day 16: passion flower       day 17: sword Lily
 
 
 
day 18: knapweed          day 19: bleeding hearts
 
 
day 20: Fresia    day 21: no idea what the right name is; we called them 'bells'
 
 
day 22: gerbera    day 23: foxglove
 
 
day 24: thistle   day 25: Daisy
 
 
day 26: aster    day 27: azalia
 
 
 
 
day 28: sterlitzia    day 29: gloriosa
 
 
day 30: anthurium      day 31: nun's hood
 

 
 
 I'm very happy with the outcome and I can tell I have improved. :)  I have also discovered what I feel comfortable with paiting and what areas I still have to work a lot on. I definitely need to devote more time to petals as the more of them the harder it is to paint them. A long way to go still ;)
 
Also, I came to the conclusion that it would be great to be able to paint every day, but life is quite hectic at the moment and I will have to resort to occasional painting. Still, I will be doing it ;)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment