Sunday 20 September 2015

Slovenia- happy times

This September I visited a dear friend of mine, a talented artist and a marvellous person who lives in Ljubljana, Slovenia. I had a whale of time sightseeing, chatting, walking, hiking and relaxing. The country itself is amazing- so green and so inviting. The people are very hospitable and friendly and one feels very relaxed surrounded by all this amazing greeness and beauty.

LAKE BLED-an amazing place

 
the capital city: LJUBLJANA
 
  
 
Shots from our hike
 
 
 
 
Slovenian Coast: PIRAN
 
 
 
 
and... finally... our creative moments:
 
My friend taught me to NEEDLE FELT... it was an interesting experience. I had never done it before, I have, however, seen my friend's creation and was quite amazed you could actually make 'something' from  a bundle of wool...
 
 
My friend gave me a lovely bag with foam for felting:
 
 
 
showed me what needles to use:
 
 
and, obviously, HOW to needle felt... and we got down to work:
 
 
 
I made Mrs. HEDGEHOG and made friend made the Wee Man ;)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We also made some attempts at whimsical faces following an online tutorial. We ended up with quite realistic faces, though ;) We used pencils and acrylics here. It was quite fun to make even though I didn't manage to make them any 'whimsical' ;)

 



We did a bit of painting while on the road ;)



Then, one day, in the Street we stummbled upon THIS bike with a crochet cover! Amazing!
 
 
 

and, I was soooo lucky to receive whole bunch of lovely gifts most of which were made by my talented friend :)




My absolute favourite is... MR TEDDY -  a needle felted fellow

 
who lives here:
 
 
 
 
 
It definitely was an amazing holiday!





No comments:

Post a Comment