Friday 13 March 2015

12 pages in 2015 - February

In January I mentioned that I had joined the 12 Pages in 2015 project. You can find this post here.

February arrived and ...sadly passed by without making my page. Unfortunately I fell ill and was too worn out to focus on crafting. March brought inspiration, though and I caught up. The topic was BROKEN & BOATS and the challenge was watercolours. I was delighted because I love watercolours!

This time, however, I wanted to try the watercolour pencil that I had had for ages. The day before getting down to work I watched a few videos on youtube to see how to use them. I was so inspired and thought that it would be easy peasy, but when I started it just turned out more complicated than I had thought. The outcome of my unsuccessful work is this:


I was very disappointed with the general outcome. The pencil is quite visible, there's water stains and the colours don't blurr as they should. I definitely didn't want this picture to be the page number 2 in my album and opted for my 'traditional' watercolours. The ones I've been using for ages now and...taa daa...

BOATS & WATERCOLOURS 


2 comments: